The sports and recreational needs of the residents are adequately met by existing facilities and programs of the City. Facilities include the City Park and concrete pavilion beside City Hall, 5,000 seat capacity Ligao Gymnasium, school-based sports and recreation facilities and basketball courts in almost all barangays.
Other recreational facilities include , billiard halls, videoke houses, computer and video games and the like. There are also natural and man-made resorts in several rural barangays. The City’s coastal area also offers fine beaches and spectacular vistas of the outlying bay.
The City Park and pavilion should be refurbished for the better enjoyment and pride of Ligao residents. Other public opens spaces, such as sidewalks and center islands, could also be landscaped to upgrade the quality of the urban environment. The City Government should also continue its land banking activities and reserve areas for public parks.
Goal and Objectives
- To have healthy and physically fit constituents.
- To maintain and upgrade recreational venues and systems; and
- To encourage private sector participation in sports and recreational programs of the city government.
- Provide accessible public recreational facilities;
- Encourage private sector participation in sports and recreational programs ; and.
- LGU to continue land-banking activities for development into public parks and related recreational facilities.